How to Catch Pikachu in Pokemon Platinum
Fortunately, in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, you can simply tromp through some tall grass and find this adorable critter through a random encounter.
1. Catching a Trophy Garden Pikachu
- Have at least 5 badges
- Fly or walk to Hearthome City
- Walk south from Hearthome City
When you see a man and a woman standing close to each other, take a right turn and follow the path north to the Pokémon Mansion.
- Find the Trophy Garden.
Find your way to the back of the building, and you should see a rectangular patch of raised ground accessible by a stairway.
Like many other Pokémon, Pikachu can be found through a random encounter. Make sure you have enough Pokeballs and have chosen a good Pokémon from your party to counter its electric attacks. Some types that are strong against electric attacks, and good to consider using in battle against Pikachu, are:
Weaken it and catch it!
Trading, easy catch Pikachu in Pokemon
Retrieve your Pokédex from Professor Rowan in Sandgem Town
Some Pokémon are only available in certain versions of the game. If you are having trouble catching Pikachu, or if want to have it on your team before you’ve collected the necessary number of badges and completed certain plot points, you can trade one of your version exclusive Pokémon for a Pikachu with a friend.
- Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum have a long list of Pokémon exclusive to each game. Search, “Pokemon exclusive to [Game Name]” online, to find a comprehensive list.
To establish your connection to the Wi-Fi Club, you will need to choose “Yes” twice to save your game, and then one more time to begin the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- Connecting for the first time will bring up the Connection Setup Utility, which will help you set up a connection file. Read the Wi-Fi Connection warning and then select “Yes” again to proceed.
- Use the “apply” option to join a friend who is inviting you to battle or trade.
- Use the “invite” option to request a friend join you in a battle or trade.
- Initiate Voice Chat to speak with other players.